Tuesday, May 20, 2008

like the movies. . .


"两个人上车,为什么三个人会下车呢?"asks my dad.

Dad was just sharing that a Malay couple; pregnant lady and her husband got into his taxi on Sunday 18Th May 2008, then directed him to drive to Singapore General Hospital (SGH) as the wife was about to be in labour. On the way, the lady gave birth in the taxi as the baby's legs popped out already, and in the next few moments, the body, then the head followed.

The lady's husband was frantic, knowing not what to do, He kept asking my dad what to do. My dad told him to take off his shirt to wrap the baby.

The baby was crying and the newborn's father hurried my dad to go to SGH as soon as possible. But due to the distance of SGH, my dad told him, that He will drive to KK hospital instead.

As soon as they arrived KK Hospital, my dad got off the taxi and went to ask nurses to come to attend to the newborn child; cut the umbilical cord and stuff.

After they left the car, my dad drove off. Ever thought what would be on the birth certificate for the blank: Place of Birth? Maybe my dad's taxi.

Anyway, my dad picked up the same couple again on 19Th May 2008, without realizing it's the same couple He drove and witness the birth of their new born, But the newborn's Father recognized my dad immediately and Thanked my dad, gave my dad some money (taxi fare, cos they forgot to pay the other day).

BTW, the lady told my dad its her 5th child thus far. Amazing isn't it? Witnessing birth in a taxi and meeting the couple again? Just like the movies.

人生就是八个字:生老病死,喜怒哀乐!but whether good or bad; Thank God.